We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
What will happen next?
We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint and review your file.
3. Wendy Carter will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She
will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within three days of the meeting, Wendy Carter will write to you to confirm what took place and any
solutions she has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Wendy Carter will send you a detailed written reply
to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you
the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for an
appropriate alternative such as review by another local solicitor or mediation to review the decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position
on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the
PO Box 6806,
about your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com.